Standard Course Admission Policy
National Institute of Technology, Ishikawa College (NITIC) aims to foster well-rounded students with the basics of engineering, creativity, and practical skills to deal with high technology, encouraging them to have an interest in both regional and international issues.
The following are required of successful applicants.
- Those who have acquired basic academic skills in middle school
- Those who have a good grounding in mathematics and science
The following are qualities we look for
- Those with an interest in designing and manufacturing, and capable of dealing with various issues
- Those who are able to recognize and obey society's rules, and who actively participate in school life with a positive attitude
- Those with an interest in becoming future engineers with the desire to contribute to the advancement of society
Qualities the 5 departments seek
Ishikawa Kosen has 5 departments. Each of the departments desires the following kinds of students.
- Those with an interest in designing and manufacturing, and wish to become a creative engineer
- Those with an interest in the mechanics or systems of automobiles, airplanes, robots and so on
- Those who wish to contribute to society in the fields of energy, environment, and welfare by working in mechanical engineering
- Those with an interest in the mechanics of robots and computers
- Those with an interest in lifestyle supporting technology such as energy, communications, and IT
- Those with an interest in the latest technology and who want to contribute to the advancement of society
Electronics and Information Engineering
- Those with an interest in principles of computer systems or computer programming
- Those who wish to acquire the skills of using technology of information, electronics, and communications, and capable of fusing them
- Those who wish to contribute to society with the latest technology
- Those with an interest in city development such as roads, bridges, airports, waterworks, and so on
- Those who want to contribute to their local community by working in civil engineering
- Those with enthusiasm about designing cities where people sustain nature for their livelihood
- Those with an interest in architectural materials, structure, environment, or design
- Those with an interest in the process of architecture such as design, implementation and management
- Those who want to make peopleʼs lives better through architecture
Transfer Admission Policy
The following are required of transfer students.
- Fundamental knowledge of engineering
- An ability to work positively to achieve one's goals
- A sense of independence and cooperation, and the ability to take responsibility for one's actions
Advanced Course Admission Policy
The following is required of those seeking to enter the advanced course.
- Those who obtained basic knowledge of their engineering field from a Kosen or from another source.
- Those with the desire to obtain knowledge from a wide range of engineering fields
- Those who wish to contribute to society as international engineers